In order to fully take advantage of the beautiful outdoors you really need to be in a relaxed mood. The easiest way to accomplish this very simple, common sense, aspect of Shinrin Reiki is to be prepared for the environment your playing to spend you time in. For some, this may be a rain-forest, for others it may be an autumn/fall foliage walk and for others it may be a walk through the lush Sonoran Desert.
The products that follow are all from REI (Recreational Equipment Inc.). There is a very simple reason for this and it is called stewardship. Below are a few bullet points from REI’s 2015 Stewardship Report but I highly recommend reading the report for yourself ( REI 2015 Stewardship Report )
“Stewardship is a mindset that helps us to imagine the positive, lasting impact we can have together. It helps us… to look to the future and to think about our legacy.”
– Jerry Stritzke, REI President and CEO
• Invested $8.5 million in more than 300 local, regional and national nonprofits working to steward and increase access to more than 1,000 inspiring outdoor places. From 1976 to 2015, REI and The REI Foundation have invested more than $68 million to organizations preserving and providing access to the outdoors.
• Millions of people and hundreds of organizations joined us in deciding to #OptOutside on Black Friday. By closing our 143 stores and paying our employees to get outside with family and friends on the most celebrated shopping day of the year, we sparked an important conversation about the transformative power of the outdoors and encouraged everyone to spend time outside. More than 175 organizations supported #OptOutside and 14 state and national parks offered discounts on Black Friday.
• Shared news of our multi-year, multi-million dollar partnership with the National Park Service and National Park Foundation to celebrate the 100th birthday of the national parks system – the largest-magnitude project we’ve invested in to date.
• Launched Every Trail Connects to invite the outdoor community to decide how to share $500,000 with 10 inspiring trail access projects. Just 37 hours and 25 minutes after launch, 100,000 votes had been cast, and REI awarded an additional $100,000 investment, bringing the total to $600,000 to enhance access to trails through this specific project. This program was a new way for us to support trails and show why we believe trails are important to a life well-lived.
• Initiated change-accelerating projects in four regions. Building on Every Trail Connects, these are large, long-term projects set out to create innovative ways to connect people and communities to the outdoors. Our approach leverages crosssector partnerships and collaborative strategies to speed up change.